Emissions Extension Program


If an emissions test is required for a vehicle that is temporarily out of state, provide the following to your Colorado County Motor Vehicle Division:

  1. Completed emissions extension form (DR 2376) (PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY)
  2. Proof of a passing emissions test, in the county where the vehicle is currently located*
  3. *lf emissions testing is not performed in the county where the vehicle is located, a VIN verification form (DR 2698) must be completed by a law enforcement officer and submitted. The vehicle must also be emissions tested within 15 days of returning to Colorado.
  4. Provide a copy of current insurance
  5. Renewal reminder postcard, if available
  6. Registration payment
  7. Registrant's contact information including a phone number and email address