Website and Digital Properties Information
When you access our web and digital properties we may automatically gather and store certain information about your visit using cookies, pixels, and similar tracking technologies. This information is used to improve your online experience. When you like, tweet, mention, share, post, comment, or access a County social media account, those interactions are stored as County records and are subject to the County's records retention and public disclosure requirements.
Links to Third Party Websites
The County's web site has links to other websites. These include links to web sites operated by other government agencies, nonprofit organizations, and private businesses. When possible, the County will provide notification that you will be redirected to another website. When you link to another site, you are no longer on the County’s website and this Privacy Notice will not apply. When you link to another website, you are subject to the privacy notice of that new site. Visitors linking to another site are encouraged to examine the privacy notice of that site. The County is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any third-party website.
“Cookies” are text files stored on a visitor's computer by the visitor's web browser. They are used to customize certain browsing features of the accessed website. Cookies may be used on Weld County Government websites for various purposes.
Examples of Website and Digital Property Information We May Collect
The information we collect when you interact with our website includes:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address and domain name used to access our web site. The IP address is a numerical identifier assigned either to your Internet service provider or directly to your computer. We use the Internet Protocol Address to direct Internet traffic to you. This address can be translated to determine the domain name of your service provider (e.g. xcompany.com or yourschool.edu). Generally, the County only determines visitor domain names if a security issue is suspected.
- The type of browser and operating system you used
- The date and time you visited this site
- The web pages or services you accessed at this site
- The web site you visited prior to coming to this web site
- Weld County may purchase or utilize the services of vendors who also may collect data regarding your visit to the Weld County Website. Examples of these vendors may include Google Analytics, SiteImprove, Bing Custom Search, Microsoft Azure Chatbot Services, GovDelivery, and other vendors or services not named in this document.
- Social media interactions with official County social media accounts, such as when you like, share, retweet, or comment on a County post.
Using Website and Digital Property Information
The website and other digital property usage information we collect is used to:
- Monitor the effectiveness of our website
- Monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website, service, or other digital property
- Diagnose or fix technology problems
- Enhance network security
- Plan for and enhance our services, websites, or social media engagements. (For example, the County's web site uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.)
- Analyzing and reporting on general themes posted to County social media sites about a County program, service, or other effort in order to make business decisions or evaluate outreach efforts
- Cataloging and storing County records for compliance with the State of Colorado's retention and public disclosure laws
Protections for Website and Digital Property Information
Website and digital property data are used for the purposes described above and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with public records retention schedules.