Health Department Partners with Libraries for COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics
Published on August 04, 2021
Weld County, CO — The Weld County Health Department has seen a 20% increase in vaccination rates over the past several weeks. The reasons for an increase may be varied — school is starting soon, employer requirements, or the emerging delta variant. The Weld County Health Department remains committed to giving the COVID-19 vaccine to anyone who wants one. The vaccine is free and age eligibility remains 12 years and older.
“We are excited to partner with the High Plains Library District to help increase vaccine access,” said Mark Lawley, Executive Director of the Weld County Department of Public Health and Environment. “We are getting close to reaching 60% of Weld residents getting at least one dose.” Health officials are looking to reach at least 70% or higher within the next few months.
The clinics at the libraries will not require an appointment, insurance, or identification. The upcoming vaccination sites at various libraries include:
- Farr Regional Library (Greeley): Friday, August 6, 1:30-4:00 p.m.
- Hudson Public Library: Monday, August 9, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Erie Community Library: Tuesday, August 10, 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Lincoln Park Library (Greeley): Wednesday, August 11, 12:00–4:00 p.m.
- Carbon Valley Regional Library (Firestone): Saturday, August 14, 1:00–4:00 p.m.
- BookMobile: Monday, August 16
- Carr: Community Church, 12:15–1:15 p.m.
- Nunn: Town Park, 2:00-2:45 p.m.
- Pierce: Jones Park, 3:15-4:30 p.m.
- Kersey Library: Tuesday, August 17, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Riverside Library and Cultural Center (Evans): Wednesday, August 18, 3:00–6:00 p.m.
- Centennial Park Library (Greeley): Tuesday, August 24, 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Nantes Library (Gilcrest): Wednesday, August 25, 10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Platteville Library: Wednesday, August 25, 2:00–6:00 p.m.
- Milliken Library: Thursday, August 26, 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Johnstown Library: Thursday, August 26, 2:00–6:00 p.m.
For more COVID-19 vaccine clinic locations in Weld County, go to Where to the Get a COVID-19 Vaccine webpage.