How Do I... Questions Answered by the Assessor

Apply for Property Tax Exemption?

There are several mechanisms that you may qualify for that may reduce your taxes.  There are exemptions for seniors, disabled veterans, and certain charitable organizations.  For summary information on rebates, exemptions and deferrals please read this brochure.

Senior Property Tax Exemption - For those who qualify, 50 percent of the first $200,000 of actual value of the property is exempted. The state will pay the exempted property tax.

Disabled Veteran Property Tax Exemption - For disabled veterans who qualify, 50 percent of the first $200,000 of actual value of the veteran’s primary residence is exempted.  The state will pay the exempted property tax.  Owners of multiple residences may only designate one property as their primary residence.

Other Exemptions: School-Church-Charitable- Property which is owned and used solely and exclusively for religious purposes, for private schools, or for strictly charitable purposes is exempt, §§ 39-3-106 through 113 and 116, C.R.S. Owners of property which may qualify for exemption as owned and used for religious purposes, a private school, or strictly charitable purposes must file an application with the Property Tax Administrator.

File my business personal property declaration?

You can file your declaration online by clicking here. You will need to know your PIN number and your online access code. If you do not know your codes, please contact the Assessor’s office at 970-400-3650.

You can get a blank declaration by clicking here. You can fill it in online and email it to our office at

You can also request a spreadsheet from our office to file via email. Either call us at 970-400-3650 or email us at

Search for property information?

You can find an inventory for all property in Weld County by using our Property Portal.  You can choose whether to search by tabular data or by map.

View my property tax dollars due or payment history online?

The Treasurer's Office website reports the amount of taxes due and shows your payment history. Follow the link and then click Login to search for an account.

Find a recorded document?

You can search the Clerk and Recorder's website by recorded document number, type of document, date, or name of grantor/grantee.

If you know the account number or parcel number then you can search here.

Calculate my taxes?

The following formula is used to calculate the amount of taxes due:

Actual Value X Assessment Rate X Mill levy = Property Taxes Due

The actual value of each property in Weld County is estimated by the Assessor’s Office.

The mill levies are set each year by the taxing authorities that benefit from the taxes:

  • School districts
  • Weld County
  • Cities and towns
  • Other special districts
  • Fire, water and sanitation districts

The districts, which levy taxes on your property, are listed on your tax bill.

You may research your actual value and the current year’s mill levy here.

Change my mailing address?

Follow this link to update the mailing address for your property.

Make a change to the ownership of my real property?

Follow this link to learn more about changing the ownership of a property.

Protest my value?

You can protest your Real Property value during the month of May.
You can protest your Business Personal Property value between June 15th-June 30th.

Locate the Assessor's Office?

The Weld County Assessor's office is located at 1400 N 17th Ave in Greeley, Colorado. Click here for Google map and directions. Enter your "from" address (including city) in the "A" box and click the Get Directions button.