Privacy Statement and Disclaimer
This Privacy Statement and Disclaimer is designed to provide details about how we manage, share, and secure the information we collect. Weld County attempts to find a balance between gathering information to provide needed services and protecting the public’s privacy.
For the purposes of this document, personal information is defined by the County as information that is "linked or linkable to an identifiable individual."
Protecting Your Privacy
Gaining and maintaining the public’s trust about information management is our responsibility as a local government and critical to our successful operations. While privacy laws protect some personal information, most of what we collect becomes a government record that others can ask to see through public records requests. It is therefore important that we manage this information appropriately and lawfully.
When collecting personal data, we commit to do the following:
- Minimize Data Collection. Minimizing data means only collecting what is necessary to get done the job at hand.
- Review Obligations. Understanding and follow and legal, contractual, and other obligations.
- Review Data and Systems Security. Taking steps to secure adequately stored data.
- Delete or De-identify Data. Follow County data retentions schedules and dispose of data as required.
- Data Laws and Regulations
- Weld County abides by laws, statutes, and industry regulations that provide protection and guidance around the County's collection, sharing, and use of certain types of data.
How We Use Information
- Personal Information
- Data collected when you communicate or interact with the County.
- Website and Digital Properties information
- Data collected when you access our website, social media, or other digital properties.
- Mobile Device Data
- Data collected from your mobile device when you access our website or online services.
- Financial and Payment Card Information
- Data collected when you pay taxes, fees, or other purchases.
- Permit, License, and Certificate Information
- Data collected when applying for various permits, licenses, or certificates.
- Health Record Information
- Health records or information collected through the Weld County Health Department, during public safety and emergency response situations, or providing other County services.
- Public Safety Information
- Data collected by emergency services, first responders, the Weld Sheriff’s Office, or the Weld County District Attorney’s Office.
Public Records Disclosure
Almost all information that government entities, including Weld County, collect are subject to public disclosure request. Public Disclosure ensures that the public can find out what information has been collected about them and provide a way to know more about how our government operates. The Colorado Open Records Act outlines legal requirements concerning the management of public records. The purpose of the law is to allow the public to request government records. It also specifies which records are exempt from records requests.
All documents available through the Weld County Website may be protected under the United States Copyrights Laws. Permission to reproduce any or all parts of this website may be required. If a copyright is indicated on a photo, graphic or any other material, permission to copy these materials must be obtained from the original source. Using or modifying this site's information for personal or commercial purposes is prohibited and may violate the copyrights and proprietary rights of Weld County or its agents. Weld County retains all rights to the information provided by this site. If you have questions regarding this site, please contact Weld County Government as described at the bottom of this document.
The information contained in the following pages was considered correct at the time of publication. Weld County reserves the right to make changes at any time and without notice and assumes no liability for damages incurred directly or indirectly as a result of errors, omissions or discrepancies. Due to the timeliness of the information contained within this website, Weld County makes no warranties or guarantees, either expressed or implied, contained within as to the completeness, accuracy, or correctness of the information, nor accept any liability arising from any incorrect, incomplete or misleading information. Please call or visit a specific department for up-to-date information.